My Ex Owes Me Money. What Are My Options For Getting It Back?

If you have separated from your spouse or civil partner and are waiting for the divorce settlement, then debts incurred as part of matrimonial expenditure, even if it was in one party’s sole name, may be capable of being offset against other assets, depending on the circumstances and what the money was used for. However, if you are already divorced or were never married, the process of recovering a debt is very different. This article looks at the options for recovering money owed by an ex in these circumstances.