Can the father’s name be removed from the birth certificate?

Because a birth certificate is a historical document, the UK law states that the biological father must be recorded on every birth certificate as a matter of public record. Therefore, changes can only be made in limited and specific circumstances. Although it is possible to remove a father from a birth certificate, it can only be done if the father is not the biological or natural parent of the child. It therefore follows that it is not possible to remove a father who is biologically related, no matter how strained a relationship or where they have had little or no contact with a child during its life.