Can you divorce within the first year of marriage?

You must have been married or in a civil partnership for at least a year before beginning divorce or dissolution proceedings. However, there are steps you can take during this time to get ahead regarding your financial arrangements by entering a separation agreement or obtaining a judicial separation.