Can I change my child’s surname after divorce?

The decision to change a child's surname can arise for various reasons, including parental separation or remarriage. However, altering a child's surname is a legal matter that requires careful consideration, particularly when only one parent seeks the change. Understanding the legal landscape surrounding a parent's request to change their child's surname is crucial for navigating this complex process. In this article, we look at the specific considerations and challenges when seeking to change a child's surname.